AAL routes in the schedule - 2 years later - we want your opinion

All the general Virtual United Discussion happens here.

Feedback on AAL routes in the schedule

I like the AAL routes, leave them in
60%
How about we remove AAL and put another airline schedule in there for more variety
10%
Lets get rid of the AAL routes and not replace them with anything
30%

Total votes: 10

UAL001 Gary Price
VP Human Resources

AAL routes in the schedule - 2 years later - we want your opinion

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » June 13th, 2021, 3:10 pm

Pilots,

As many of you know, in August 2019 we added AAL routes into our schedule to offer our pilots even more variety of routes and planes to fly. The overall response seems to have been good, but perhaps its time to re-evaluate this.

Please vote in the poll and add any comments you might have. Currently we are looking to update all our schedules in the months ahead as real world airlines are beginning to resume normal operations after the pandemic. We want to know your opinion!

Thanks!
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo

Re: AAL routes in the schedule - 2 years later - we want your opinion

Post by UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo » June 13th, 2021, 8:46 pm

Out of curiosity, what other airline would be an option to add?

UAL100 Vince Hendrickson
VP Human Resources

Post by UAL100 Vince Hendrickson » June 14th, 2021, 4:44 pm

I say remove them. Reason being the VA is Virtual United not Virtual United and American. I think the Charter option was created to give more variety and options. Just my thoughts.

UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo

Post by UAL141 Thierry Nguepdjo » June 14th, 2021, 7:01 pm

UAL100 Vince Hendrickson wrote:
June 14th, 2021, 4:44 pm
I say remove them. Reason being the VA is Virtual United not Virtual United and American. I think the Charter option was created to give more variety and options. Just my thoughts.
Problem with the charter option, in my opinion, is that the charter can only be flown in United colors. Let's say I'm in spending time flying in Europe and want to do charter between EDDS and EDDK (currently no scheduled routes between the two). It breaks any immersion to fly that charter in United colors instead of Lufthansa or Eurowings etc. Could the charter option at least be changed to allow us to pick which airline we are chartering for and have the respective banner displayed on arrival?

UAL100 Vince Hendrickson
VP Human Resources

Post by UAL100 Vince Hendrickson » June 14th, 2021, 7:34 pm

That is a good idea. Charters would be United or Any Star Alliance Partner. I dig that.

UAL1277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL1277 Kevin Finch » June 15th, 2021, 11:47 am

I agree with that proposal. Keep in mind that Eurowings may be a subsidiary of Lufthansa but it is not a Star Alliance partner. It has codeshare arrangements with Lufthansa, United, Air Canada, etc., in much the same way Aer Lingus and Hawaiian do.

UAL697 David Maggipinto

Post by UAL697 David Maggipinto » July 13th, 2021, 12:16 pm

My opinion is that this is a United Airlines VA. I joined because of United Airlines. I also belong to a Cargo VA because I like flying cargo flights. The fact they are a part of the Star Alliance is a bonus that we can fly those liveries for their routes. A charter is a charter and should be flown in United Liveries. If a person charters United Airlines to fly to a remote location not serviced by United Airlines, they don't contact the airline that flies those routes, they fly a United plane. I get it, people want a variety of liveries to fly. I think we have enough liveries to choose from and routes that reach almost everywhere. 99% of my flights are flown online on Vatism or IVAO and I always put our website in my flight plan just in case someone sees me online and is interested to see who I fly for. That is why I have no problem flying only United colors for charters.