Pilot Introduction Thread

All the general Virtual United Discussion happens here.
UAL347 Geordi Bana

Re: Pilot Introduction Thread

Post by UAL347 Geordi Bana » January 5th, 2013, 2:51 am

Callsign: UAL347
Name: Geordi Bana
Birthplace & Current Location: Edmonton, AB
Hobbies: Flight Sim, Aviation, Hockey and Music

UAL041 Samuel Sculerati

Post by UAL041 Samuel Sculerati » January 6th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Callsign: UAL511
Name: Samuel Sculerati
Birthplace: An Air Force Base in California (that's about as specific as I would like to be on an open forum)
Current Location: Tampa, Florida
Hobbies: Aviation, autocross racing with my Audi, scuba diving,
Interesting facts: Grew up in Fairfax County, VA just 10 mins from KIAD. My grandfather is a retired United Airlines employee so when I flew out to Chicago to see him each year I usually flew on a UAL flight. Between my grandfather working for UAL and KIAD (my former home airport) being one of their hubs I have always been a fan of United (until they merged with Continental).

Spent 3 years as a volunteer with my sheriff's office and accumulated over 1500 hours riding along with the patrol deputies. I loved it so much that I left college to go to the police academy. I have since graduated from the police academy and looking to get hired with an agency.

I'm also a S1 controller (soon to be S2 hopefully) at the Miami ARTCC so if you see me working an airport down there (KTPA, KMIA, and KRSW are my favorite) come say hi.

UAL424 David Canales

Pilot Introduction Thread

Post by UAL424 David Canales » January 13th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Callsign: UAL424
Name: David Canales
Birthplace: Turlock, California, United States
Current Location: Cabot, Arkansas, United States
Hobbies: Flight Simulation, Watching Star Trek (TNG, DS9, VOY), Playing my Piano.
Interesting facts: Married to the same woman since 1993. Was an organist for the Rev. Dale Davis Sr. in Mobile Alabama. Have lived in California, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee.
Kids: 6 (4 Boys and 2 Girls)

Personal Note: Am so glad to have meet all of you and look forward to many flights with vUAL.

UAL910 Jackson Brown

Post by UAL910 Jackson Brown » January 21st, 2013, 8:45 pm

Callsign: UAL446
Name: Jackson Brown
Birthplace: Orlando, Florida
Current Location: Winter Park, Florida
Hobbies: Aviation, Baseball, Guitar, Acting
Interesting Facts: I am a senior officer in my school's NJROTC program, and I plan on earning a commission in the US Navy after college, to become a Naval Aviator.

UAL866 Dennis Cummings

Post by UAL866 Dennis Cummings » January 28th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Callsign:UAL866
Name: Dennis Cummings
Birthplace: Pittsburgh PA.
Current Location: Pittsburgh PA.
Hobbies: Aviation, Motorsports (Open Wheel and Sportscars), Sim Racing (rFactor)
FS, Working in my garage and keeping my toys up to performace spec. (Dirt bikes, Race Karts etc), and of course whatever my girlfriend wants me to get into!
Occupation: Lead Mechanic for a District Energy Company. We burn a lot of gas and produce steam to spin turbines that are coupled to large centrifugal refrigerant compressors and are rated at 12,500 tons of refrigeration.
Interesting Facts: I have been flying flight Sims since the 1980s on my Atari 800 XL, I never thought I would see thechnology that would allow us to do this in my lifetime.I remember when Sublogic produced "scenery disks", I used to drive all over the state to buy them (no such thing as online then)
I just hope I live long enough not just to enjoy it, but to become proficiant at it also!
Kids: None

UAL948 Marvin Brooks

Post by UAL948 Marvin Brooks » February 23rd, 2013, 11:09 am

Callsign: UAL948
Name: Marvin Brooks
Birthplace: Williamsport, Pa
Current Location: Camp Humphreys, Korea (US Army)
Hobbies: Aviation, Bowling, Baseball, Hockey, Golf, Fishing, Hunting, computers Running martial arts.
Occupation: United states army Staff soon to be RETIRED in 3 months
Interesting facts: In two months will have a degree in Welding Technology form CTC. Looking to get my pilots liscense as well in a a year or so.
Kids: yes I have three daughters and two sons all three daughters are grown and out of the house in college. two soons are 15 and 9.

UAL801 Kevin O'Sullivan

Post by UAL801 Kevin O'Sullivan » March 6th, 2013, 1:32 am

Callsign: UAL801
Name: Kevin O'Sullivan
Birthplace: Boston, MA, United States
Current Location: Boston
Hobbies: Planes, trains, and boats.
Occupation: US Coast Guard Deck Officer AKA professional boat driver guy
Interesting facts: I can parallel park a 5 million lbs 450ft ship easier than i can parallel park my car.
Kids: 0 (thank god) someday when I'm older!

UAL636 David Velez

Post by UAL636 David Velez » March 6th, 2013, 9:45 am

Callsign: UAL636
Name: David Velez
Birthplace: Bergen Co. NJ.
Current Location: Midland Park NJ
Hobbies: Flying,Flight Sim,Traveling,Harley's,rasing my 18mo daughter on my days off from work, and whatever is next on the Honey due list that my wife has for me to do.
Occupation:Police Officer(Special Operations Divison)Accident Reconstructionist,Fireamrs Instructor,Water Rescue Diver, and Motor Officer.
Interesting Fact: 6Yrs US Army Veteran, 88M Motor Transport, and 19K Armor Crewmen.

UAL840 Robert Droege

Post by UAL840 Robert Droege » March 9th, 2013, 9:23 am

Callsign:UAL840
Name:Robert Doc Droege
Birthplace:Troy, New York
Current Location:KSCH area
Hobbies:Flightsim, flying, Skiing
Interesting facts:MG Midget restorer, owner 1946 Aeronca Champ and 1982 Cessna 172P Superhawk Comm/IFR/SEL

UAL806 Jim Angel

Post by UAL806 Jim Angel » March 10th, 2013, 12:59 am

Callsign: UAL806
Name: Jim Angel
Birthplace: Hope, AR
Current Location: Charlotte, NC, United States
Hobbies: Flight Simulation, Strategy games, Computers, Golf
Occupation: Retired Boeing Engineer, Lead Field Engineer 777, 20+ years in US Air Force
Interesting facts: Lived in 14 states, 2 foreign countries, and have been to all 7 continents. My wife and I met when we were 14 (50+ years ago). 7 children, 9 grandchildren and 5 great grandchilden.
Kids: as above