Narita Hub Update – Nov 2021

All New/Stories related to the Land of the Rising Sun.

Moderator: UAL025 Jeffrey Bice

UAL025 Jeffrey Bice

Narita Hub Update – Nov 2021

Post by UAL025 Jeffrey Bice » November 23rd, 2021, 6:40 pm

To: Narita Pilots
Cc: Senior Staff and Hub Managers

Hi All,

I hope that everyone is doing well and having a great fall season.

It’s been a while since we’ve sent out a Hub email and have a few updates to share.

First, our Hub Manager Dennis has retired from management and will continue flying with us under the callsign UAL902. Dennis has been our Hub Manager since 2015 and I will miss working with him in the hub office. If you see him online, please say hi and wish him well.

I have accepted the promotion to Hub Manager, and thanks to Larry (HR) and Justin (IT) we have completed the transition. Please note my email address is now rjaa@virtualual.com.

If anyone is interested in applying to be the Narita Assistant Hub Manager, I would be happy to discuss the role with you and HR has posted the position on the Staff Application page at https://virtualual.com/index.php/staffapplication.

Second, a reminder to complete your minimum one flight per month. If for any reason you cannot complete a flight by month end, please fill out the LOA request form. https://virtualual.com/index.php/leaverequest

Third, Kevin our VP of Events has a great list of upcoming events and a new tour posted on the home page. Please take a look and sign up on the event page if you plan on participating. As for me, I just started the Central America Tour.

Finally, I would encourage all pilots to join our Discord server. There are multiple text channels including one specifically for the Narita Hub and Audio chat channels that have replaced our TeamSpeak. Details can be found at the Link Discord Account page in your Crew Center.

For our U.S. based pilots, have a great Thanksgiving, and for all our pilots its great having you with us at Narita.

Jeff

Jeffrey Bice
UAL025
RJAA Hub Manager
Virtual United Airlines

UAL001 Gary Price
VP Human Resources

Re: Narita Hub Update – Nov 2021

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » November 27th, 2021, 8:27 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the note!!! Dennis has been a mainstay here at VUAL for many years, and drank many bottles of sake at the RJAA pilot lounge (and probably at many other airports!!! HAHA). He has left you big sake glasses to fill, but I am sure you are up to the task. If you need any help downing the good sake, please don't hesitate to ask!! haha

All joking aside, thank you Jeff for stepping up to take the hub under your wing. Looking forward to continued greatness at the Narita hub...

Gary
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL579 Kevin Hornaday

Re: Narita Hub Update – Nov 2021

Post by UAL579 Kevin Hornaday » December 1st, 2021, 11:14 pm

Jeffrey, congratulations on your promotion. Best of luck in your new role!