Just a reminder

All New/Stories related to the Land of the Rising Sun.

Moderator: UAL025 Jeffrey Bice

UAL902 Dennis Lynn

Just a reminder

Post by UAL902 Dennis Lynn » October 25th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Dear Pilots:
I just wanted to send a blanket reminder to pilots that the 1 flight per month requirement was reinstated at the beginning of October. If you haven't squeezed out a flight yet, just a reminder to try to do so before months end. IF you won't be able to, please drop me an EMAIL indicating a general reason why and I will respond on a case by case basis. EMAIL IS THE BEST WAY TO REACH ME! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE ME A PM IN THE FORUM!
I just read a couple of PM's that were quiet old, (blush) sorry about that Don! For some reason these old eyes cannot see the friggin red flag in the PM box on the forum. Yeah, I don't get it either!
One other item I wanted to bring up with all of you. As I promised in a previous comm, I have been on TS more, albeit daytime, and it's quiet drafty in there. In other words pretty empty. My few attempts at night had the same result. SO. it prompts the following thought. Some pilots are suggesting a switch over to Discord. They are suggesting it is user friendly and brings a lot to the table that is lacking in TeamSpeak (TS). From what I am TS is an outdated service that has seen its day. So I wanted to know what you pilots thought. If you have had any experience, goof or bad, or have an opinion please drop me an email and I will forward your thoughts with the pilots looking into this .IMPORTANT TO NOTE: This is an UNOFFICIAL SURVEY of only Narita pilots. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS A CHANGE IN THE WORKS! ( soo no need to g crazy emailing upper management stating that "Dennis said, " I just want to know if you have any friggin thoughts.! (Gasp!)

This last item appears on the forum only, in the hopes that pilots actually read the posts. If you have recently changed your internet provider you may have also changed your internet/email address. If so, it is the 's responsibility to either: make the change yourself on the website, or notify me or HM to make the change for you. So for you whiners that emailed me saying that you're not receiving emails from us, well, I can tell you in ALL cases it was because the changed providers and their email addresses were tied to the old provider. :cry: :: :oops: Enough said!

Otherwise, I hope this finds you and yours safe and well, and I will see you in the skies.
Best always,
Den
Dennis Lynn UAL025
RJAA HM (until they get tired of me.)

UAL923 Benjamin Turner

Re: Just a reminder

Post by UAL923 Benjamin Turner » October 30th, 2020, 6:53 pm

I'm all for Discord. It includes text ad voice coms with multiple channels and works on most devices.