Still Around

All New/Stories related to the Land of the Rising Sun.

Moderator: UAL025 Jeffrey Bice

UAL907 Matthew Dirck

Still Around

Post by UAL907 Matthew Dirck » May 19th, 2021, 9:39 pm

While you may not see me as much on TS anymore I am still alive and around. If you look on Vatsim Saturday and Sunday mornings you are likely to see me dropping chemtrails the skies :lol: . I still do pop into TS every once in awhile but it is always dead. You never know I may pop in TS this weekend! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
They Call Me The Fireman

UAL916 Ray Browell

Re: Still Around

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » May 20th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Datty Mirck! Long time no chat my friend. Hope all is well. I literally just reinstalled TS. I only really use Discord anymore but for some stupid reason ZME ARTCC on Vatsim still uses TS3. So due to requirements ......

Anyhow, hope to catch you on man. Take it easy .... or any way you can get it!! :D
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

UAL907 Matthew Dirck

Post by UAL907 Matthew Dirck » May 20th, 2021, 4:33 pm

You controlling at ZME?
They Call Me The Fireman

UAL916 Ray Browell

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » May 21st, 2021, 6:51 pm

Yep sure am. I transferred up from Jax and just got signed off. I am a S1 still Grnd/Del but am going to get started on Tower here right quick like I do believe.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

UAL907 Matthew Dirck

Post by UAL907 Matthew Dirck » May 23rd, 2021, 10:33 am

UAL916 Ray Browell wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 6:51 pm
Yep sure am. I transferred up from Jax and just got signed off. I am a S1 still Grnd/Del but am going to get started on Tower here right quick like I do believe.
Well I thought I would never see the day you would would be controlling on Vatsim.. Then again it was 2020 :lol: !
They Call Me The Fireman

UAL916 Ray Browell

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » May 24th, 2021, 5:46 am

Well, my buddy Cory and I went to MCI back in 2018 or so when you told me they were hurting for controllers and man alive was that ever a sh*t show and a half! Very long story short (because we all know me and my stories) He ended up in Jax and I thought I was cut from the roster due to inactivity due to their fault not mine. So out of the blue over a year later they told me via email if I didn't get active I would be cut! I was like ahh ok . So I emailed them back and they explained a bunch of people bailed, took the website and all down and left them high and dry. So once they reactivated me I bailed too!

So I ran down to Jax and a guy down there had a habit of belittling people on frequency, cussing at pilots (young kids none the less too), and all kinds of bad juju. ZME is now my new place of employment. Very relaxed group of fellas that just want to enjoy the network and have fun. My kind of crew! ;)

I am S1 right now running GND and DEL but am going to run up TWR here real soon like. I believe I am going to make a run for approach and hang out there and get comfortable for the foreseeable future. I will Kick back and examine all possibilities after that as far as center goes.