This week at Virtual United 10/3/22

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price

This week at Virtual United 10/3/22

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » October 3rd, 2022, 5:53 pm

Welcome to another edition of the not-so-frequent weekly update. This will be my last update to you all – more on that below….

September activity was very similar to August – approx. 3,500 hours on 1,000 flights. Generally speaking, our overall activity is about 20% down from last year. I think it probably a good thing, as we have moved beyond all the pandemic stuff and are getting back into normal routines again. No one can complain about that…

Sometime in October the American Airline schedules will be removed from our database. It was fun to have some diversity in the schedule for the past 2 years, but it’s time to go back to our United Airlines and STAR alliance heritage. If you are itching to fly one of their routes, or and other airline for that matter, you can always fly as a charter in UAL colors.

Lastly, I will be stepping down from the CEO role in the next couple of days. I have been in the role for a long time, and I don’t even remember when I took over from Vince, but the time has come to step aside. Real world responsibilities and opportunity (good news, not bad news) have made it difficult for me to remain committed to the VA. I will stay on as a line pilot in the Narita hub, and continue to terrorize virtual runways across the globe! SFO Hub Manager Jeremy Young will be the new CEO. I ask all of you to support him as you have supported me over the years.

Thank you to all the pilots and staff of Virtual United Airlines!

See you in the skies!
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines

UAL024 Eric Elia

Re: This week at Virtual United 10/3/22

Post by UAL024 Eric Elia » October 7th, 2022, 12:02 am

Congratulations Jeremy!

Good luck with the real world position Gary and I still look forward to flying with you after how many years has it been?