Jan. 12, 2024 VUAL Management Change Announcement

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
VP Human Resources

Jan. 12, 2024 VUAL Management Change Announcement

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » February 11th, 2024, 4:38 pm

Greetings VUAL pilots,

I hope this note finds you well.

I want to inform you all that I will be replacing Jeremy Young as CEO of VUAL effective immediately. Due to real world commitments Jeremy no longer has the time to commit to the VA. I completely understand this, as I was in the same position before. I want to thank Jeremy for all his hard work over the past year and 4 months as CEO. Jeremy will remain on the roster as a pilot at SFO. If you see him flying, please thank him for his time and effort at VUAL.

All VA-related financials, email, website access, etc. and other items have been successfully transferred, so there should be no interruption to the overall VA operations. A new Board of Directors will be formed as follows: Garfield Smith will remain as Chief Operations Officer (COO). Justin Austin will remain as Information Technology (IT). Jonathan Kost will assume a newly created role: Chief Administration Officer (CAO) to oversee HR and some other functions. There will be more BOD announcements and changes regarding the overall staff structure in the near future.

Moving forward, almost all our VA communications will be done via Discord. If you are not set-up in Discord with VUAL please do so ASAP. We WILL NOT be using e-mail, and the future of the forum is TBD due to very low utilization.

VUAL has always been a friendly and approachable VA. We have some of the best schedules – UAL and STAR Alliance, providing pilots with incredible freedom to fly almost anywhere. We will build on these strengths, and improve on our weaknesses to enhance all pilots’ “experience” at VUAL. The VA has been in "cruise control" for a long time, and the plan is to increase our overall activity once again with a strong focus on communication and engagement.

If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to me directly.

I look forward to the changes ahead!

regards,
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines