Jan. 20, 2024 update

All NOTAM's from staff will go here. Please check back often
UAL001 Gary Price
VP Human Resources

Jan. 20, 2024 update

Post by UAL001 Gary Price » February 26th, 2024, 3:35 pm

Greeting pilots!

I hope this note finds you well.

Lots of updates this week, and a peak at some of the changes coming. First things first, if you are not linked to VUAL Discord, you are not going to hear much from the VA. We are moving away from e-mail and there are ongoing discussions regarding the future of our forums. PLEASE get connected with our Discord ASAP.

Last week we terminated over 220 pilots who were inactive for over 60 days an on long-overdue LOAs. This was a huge task. Currently we are working on getting HR back online. There are many pilots who fell behind and want to get back on the roster. We will open up HR soon for those pilots and any new folk who want to join us. Stay tuned for future HR related announcements. Also, we have submitted our application to get back on the VATSIM VA Partner listing. This will also help bring in more pilots to the VA.

After HR, we will be reviewing our Hub Operations staffing situation, taking a look at Schedules, introducing a New Chief pilot and some other BOD announcements. We have had a lot of offers for support, so thank you for your interest.

My only ask to the pilots is: FLY! Don’t forget to add “virtualual.com” somewhere in the comments section when flying online. That small item makes a big difference.

Have a great weekend and I will be in touch with more updates very soon.
Gary Price
UAL001
Chief Executive Officer
Virtual United Airlines