FSX SE Flight Planner

Have a problem with FSX? Provide as much information as possible!
UAL916 Ray Browell

FSX SE Flight Planner

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » May 29th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Hey all, this forum was pretty much defunct so I might as well be the guy to spruce it up a little.

I have FSX SE and when I use the flight planner that is built in or use a flight plan that is imported that is created using simbrief or any other plan builder it reboots the simulator as soon as I go to start the flight. I have tried and tried to figure the issue out and I am coming up empty on ideas.

Any clues?
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

UAL1277 Kevin Finch

Re: FSX SE Flight Planner

Post by UAL1277 Kevin Finch » May 31st, 2021, 1:49 pm

Sorry, I meant to get back to this awhile ago.

Are you sure you're downloading the correct file from Simbrief? It should be FSX/P3D or FSX/P3D (No SID/STAR) for FSX SE. And, it should be going into My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files and you would "load" it from the same screen as when you load your aircraft, airport, time, etc. (I'm using P3D so this is from memory and some web searches.)

The second file format - no SID/STAR - takes these out of the plan but you can enter them manually using your FMC.

If SimBrief is working with a different AIRAC than what you use in FSX, a discrepancy in waypoints might cause the reset; just guessing at this point.

UAL916 Ray Browell

Post by UAL916 Ray Browell » June 1st, 2021, 5:33 am

Actually, I think I might have a bum install and need to delete the steam install and try again. I tried again last night and no flight plan at all I sat down on the ground and did a pattern and life was great. Refueled and all was well. I used the default Microsux flight planner and as soon as I saved the the plan and told it to move the aircraft to planned location, it crashed.

At this time All I have installed is 2 B738's freeware, Vpilot and Swift as well as FSInn. I do know for 100% certain It did not do this to me with FSInn. So Since FSInn is essentially a thing of the past for me anymore, except for UKATC, I will be skipping the install. As well, sine I have to install Swift for FS9, I might as well not install Vpilot either. No point in having 2 clients.

I will try it with only swift and no addons at all and see what happens. it has to be one of them couple items I installed. I have used FSX SE numerous times previously before with no issues. I am just curious if it is a Swift thing or not. I never had this issue with Vpilot of FSInn. Only after I installed Swift.... In theory.

And I really appreciate the reply. I am racking my brain trying to figure it out without a complete uninstall.
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

UAL1277 Kevin Finch

Post by UAL1277 Kevin Finch » June 4th, 2021, 2:03 am

VATSIM no longer supports FSINN; as you note, no need to install it.

https://my.vatsim.net/learn/vatsim-basics/section/5

It also says Swift is beta; do you have the most recent version?